Hi, well I have to say I was beginning to think this day was never going to get here. Sorry it has been so long since my last entry, but as you know I have not been very well and when I say not very well, I mean really poorly.
I had Shingles, which I hope none of you ever get as it is not nice at all. I was in bed for 5 days and don't know where they went, I was feeling really dizzy every time I moved and had a splitting headache for most of the time. When I finally gave in and went to the Doc's, she sent me to hospital as she was worried about my eyes (I forgot to say, you get spots, as Shingles is the adult version of Chicken Pox) which had spots on my eyelids and most of my forehead.
Still, all better now Yippee.
So onto the cards. The first one was made using a picture that Andy coloured and didn't know what to do with, so I had it. I used a mask and Distress inks to do the background and a doily which I also coloured using the inks, I then used a Nestie to mount the sentiment and finished off with some ribbon and candy.
The second one was done using the church window and cross Nesties. I used guilding flakes on the windows to give the stained glass look and the cross is done in Mirri. The sentiment is also used on a Nestie.
Finally for now, something different. I recently took out a subscription to a knitting magazine and the bag was one of the projects in it. It was knitted using the free wool that comes with each edition. According to the pattern, the bag should be a lot shorter but I wanted to use it to put my pills and such in when I finished, so I added another 10 or 12 rows to get it to the right length for my purposes. The little gas flame (from the tele adverts) was made using a pattern that the editor of the magazine found for me, as I saw one in the mag and when I emailed them to ask which edition it was in, she explained that a reader had sent it to her so she hunted the pattern down for me and forwarded it on.
Well that's it for now, hopefully it won't be so long next time,
talk to you soon,